1. Dragonfly: Wings held to side when at rest. Tail thicker.
2. Damselfly: Wings held over midline of back when at rest. Tail thinner.
3. Caddisfly: Wings held over midline of back when at rest. Much smaller than the damselfly. Antennae longer than length of body. Young encase themselves with pebble or wood scrap armor.
4. Water Boatman: Insect most commonly seen fully submersed in water. Boat shaped body with two long, oar-like legs.
5. Water Strider: Insect which skates across the surface of the water.