What to Review for the January 2008 Cell Exam
Using the Microscope
First Review of Cells
First Review of Prokaryotic Cells
First Review of Eukaryotic Cells
First Review of Prokaryotic vs. Eukaryotic Cells
Cell Structure #1 - Identifying cell structures on drawings.
Cell Structure #3 - Contains photos of some of the cells you have looked at from the cell lab!
Cell Structure#2 - Organelle function.
First Review of Cell Membranes
First Review of Proteins Found in Membranes
First Review of Passive Transport
First Review of Active Transport
Cell Theory and Microscopes
Using the Microscope
Cell Structure #3 - A more difficult review using electron micrograph photos. Try identifying organelles from these photos!
First Review of Plasma Membranes:
Plasma Membranes #1
Plasma Membranes #2
Plasma Membranes #3
Cell Cycle Reviews
All Cell Topics
A) Review all notes & Handouts.
B) Vocab List: Terms to know for the cell exam (Just for Tracy!)
C) Check the objectives that were assigned to you.
D) Read Chapters 4, 5 & 6 in the Textbook!
E) Review the CD-Rom that was checked out to you.
1. Cell Structure in the Cells Topic Category
a) Surface to Volume
e) Energy Organelles
g) Summary & Quiz
2. Cell Membrane in the Cells Topic Category
a) Membrane Structure
d) Facilitated Diffusion
e) Active Transport
g) Cell Interactions
3. Body Organization in the Animal Topic Category (CD #2)
F) Answer the practice essay questions:
1. Know how to identify organelles from a diagram of animal or plant cells.
2. Know how to identify structures found in a prokaryotic cell.
3. Know 2 differences between passive and active transport.
4. Be able to give brief explanations of what happens in the following (including whether it is passive or active transport, and whether materials move from low to high or high to low.)
a) diffusion, b) osmosis, c) facillitated diffusion, d) phagocytosis (1 type of endocytosis), e) pinocytosis (1 type of endocytosis), f) exocytosis, g) Na-K Pump, h) Proton Pump, i) Cotransport.
5. Be able to compare & contrast (similarities and differences) between plant and animal cells.
6. Be able to compare & contrast (similarities and differences) between prokaryotic & eukaryotic cells.
7. Be able to list differences between light microscopes and electron microscopes.
8. Draw how the membrane of a vessicle or vacuole can merge with a plasma membrane.
9. Explain how a vessicle might move from the rough ER to the golgi apparatus & then to the plasma membrane.
Cell Division Review
Cell Cycle #1
Cell Cycle #2