First Year IB Biology at GHS
Thursday April 10, 2008
1) Begin Presentations of Biotechnology & Morality/Ethics of Using this Technology
2) Simple Monohybrid Traits
3) Introduction to Codominance
Tuesday April 8, 2008 (2 hour late start)
Homework: a) Comparison of Mitosis and Meiosis - Notes
b) Comparison of Mitosis and Meiosis - NOVA Flash animation
c) Animal Cell Mitosis - Cells Alive animation
1) Biotechnology Research: Make Display Posters & Prepare Presentations
Friday April 4, 2008
Due: Writeups for the "Replication of Eukaryotic Cells" Lab. See description of what to do from Friday January 12th!
1. Meiosis Diagram (See Handout)
###2. Mitosis Quiz (See Online Reviews)
4. Simple Genetics Problems (See Handout)
Wednesday April 2, 2008
Homework: a) Quiz on Mitosis (No notes. See Online Reviews.)
b) Brief writeups of the Replication of Eukaryotic Cells Lab are due on Friday April 4.
The writeups should include:
i) labelled drawings of plant and animal cells in the 5 stages of division (interphase --->telophase). Use all labels from the handout that apply to each drawing. Some labels are found on all stages, some labels are on only a couple drawings.
ii) Data tables of class data and final converted numbers (use the equation from page 140/141 of the lab books)
iii) Provide a graph of the final class averages. Plot hours at the stage vs stage.
iv) Write a brief conclusion stating the final calculated times for each stage. Provide several explanations if you can why the data differs from group to group, class to class!
6. Finish Cell Division in Eukaryotic Cells Lab (Writeups due Friday April 4)
7. Mitosis Quiz (See Online Reviews)
Monday March 31, 2008 -
Homework: a) Finish writeup of Cell Division in Eukaryotic Cells Lab
1) Finish Cell Division in Eukaryotic Cells Lab
2) Cloning (See Handout on the Cloning of Dolly the Sheep)
Wednesday March 19, 2008
Homework: a) Review Online for Cell Division Quiz
Due: a) Review of Cell Cycle WS
1) Clicker Quiz on Mitosis (Review Online 1st!)
Monday March 17, 2008
Homework: 1) Finish Review of Cell Cycle WS
3) Animations: a) Mitosis & Cytokinesis (McGraw Hill) - Click on Mitosis & Cytokinesis
b) Cell Division BioClip (Wisconsin.edu)
c) Cell Divison Game (Nobelprize.org)
d) Cell Cycle (Wisconsis.edu)
1) Introduction to the Cell Cycle . - See Handouts for aid with notes.
3) Clicker Quiz on Cell Cycle from material covered during this day?
4) Review of Cell Cycle (Handout)
[Nucleic Acid Assignments and Due Dates]