April 8 , 2007
west of Twickenham, OR
* Indicates wildflower currently in bloom
South Twickenham Road extends westward along the southern banks of the John Day River to the access road to Priest Hole, a BLM campground and haul out point on the John Day River for rafters. It crosses private land for the first few miles then climbs slightly and enters BLM lands.
* Pale Wallflower: Erysimum occidentale - Beginning to bloom.
* Stiff Milk-vetch: Astragalus conjunctus ? - Beginning to bloom.
* Threadstalk Milk-vetch: Astragalus filipes - Beginning to bloom.
* Nine-leaf Desert Parsley: Lomatium simplex (Lomatium triternatum ssp. platycarpum) - A few plants beginning to bloom.
* Tessellate Fiddleneck: Amsinckia tesellata - A plants beginning to bloom.
* Yellow-hairy Indian Paintbrush: Castilleja xanthotricha - Very numerous (at the base of big sagebrush or matchbrush).
Cusick's Sunflower: Helianthus cusickii - In bud.